Sunday, August 23, 2009

Experience with New Communication Technologies

I've for a while now. I started using the internet in my primary school years, googling information for assignments. I later got a mobile phone when I was twelve to contact family and friends. I only started using the internet to communicate with friends and family when I was thirteen. The thing that influenced me to get a mobile phone was my parents giving me a mobile for safety and emergencies however I used it to communicate with people more then anything. New communication technology has created easy access to personal details and some worry about privacy and its affects. However if you are smart about putting personal details on your facebook page, then I think that's acceptable but it varies from person to person. But it doesn't bother me so much because I don't give out personal details I don't want strangers knowing. But I do sometimes become curious when you register for certain things and you have to give out your address and phone number etc, but I havn't had any problems concerning internet privacy. What's more is that I don't have any internet friends whom I only know over the internet that I've never met. And it is definitely different to friends that you see nearly everyday because if you do have internet friends that you've never met you would never know who exactly it is, as people could be hiding their true identity. Ultimately I purely use the internet for information for assignments, socializing with friends, listening to music and watching videos. I think new communication technology is an effective tool for everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment